“Message” in status update modal accepts empty character string
The "Message" field in the incident status update modal is a required filed, but it accepts empty characters like space and return. This causes empty message in the main channel and the status update section in the RHS. The empty message in the main channel can also be added as a timeline event, that shows up as a blank event in timeline RHS.
QA Test Steps
1. Create an incident.
2. Click the "Update Status" button in the RHS.
3. When the status update modal pops up, enter some spaces in the "Message" field.
4. Click "Update Status" in the modal.
5. Notice the empty spaces message gets added to the center channel.
6. Hover over the empty message in the center channel to bring up the post menu.
7. Click "Add to Timeline".
1. The empty message appears as a post in the center channel.
2. The empty message appears in the status update section in the RHS.
3. The empty message gets added as timeline event.
Expected: Empty characters like space and return should not be allowed as a status update message.
No testing required.
Thanks, closing (no testing required to close).
This is a less-than-optimal experience, but it otherwise seems to work “correctly”. Proposing we defer touching this further for now.