Currently the LDAP Picture update only works with users signing in with LDAP. SAML users with LDAP Sync turned on should also be able to use this feature.
In order to QA this PR, you will need to have SAML and LDAP both setup. So you authenticate via SAML and Sync via LDAP.
1. ADFS setup in Active Directory (adfs.e2etest.dev.spinmint.com)
2. SAML needs to be setup with ADFS. (https://docs.mattermost.com/deployment/sso-saml-adfs-msws2016.html)
2a. Set "Enable Synchronizing SAML Accounts with AD/LDAP" = true
2b. Set "Id Attribute" = "objectGUID"
3. Mattermost must be running in SSL. (https://docs.mattermost.com/install/config-tls-mattermost.html)
1. AD/LDAP setup in Active Directory (adfs.e2etest.dev.spinmint.com)
2. LDAP needs to be setup in Mattermost (https://docs.mattermost.com/deployment/sso-ldap.html)
2a. Set "Enable Synchronization with AD/LDAP" = true
2b. Set "ID Attribute" = "objectGUID"
Once both systems are setup and working independently.
Test SAML Login -
Ensure SAML user can still login. The users picture should also be updated.
In adfs.e2etest.dev.spinmint.com there are users setup with images. There is also a script that will allow you update the images. I have attached a config.json with the required settings.
If you have your own working servers for SAML and LDAP. I can help you get images setup in there to test.
Need AD/LDAP and SAML Testing Areas.
The issue is tested on esr.test instance which has the build 5.25.4-rc2 and the issue is fixed and is working fine now on 5.25.
Tested the issue on prev.test instance with the build 5.26.1-rc2 and the issue is fixed and is working fine now on 5.26. The issue will be closed once it is also tested on 5.27 test instance.
Tested on the latest 5.27 rc.test instance and the issue is fixed now and is working fine. Closing the ticket.