Desktop App on Linux: "RIght click + Copy" does not work
Is anyone having issues with "right click + Copy" in the desktop app? "Ctrl + C" works just fine, though. I'm running 4.3 on Linux
This looks relevant , and someone claims it was fixed with for Electron 5.0.11
More info in MM conversation: https://community-release.mattermost.com/core/pl/eanm78zdrbgu9p6tji8wf9mexe
Issue created from a message in Mattermost.
QA Test Steps
In Linux running the v4.3.2 or higher Desktop app:
1. Enter some text into the post textarea
2. Highlight a portion of the text, right click and select 'copy'
3. Place the cursor at the end of the text, right click and select 'paste'
4. Repeat steps 2, 3 using 'cut' instead of 'copy'
5. Repeat steps 2, 3, but select text from a previous post that isn't your own
Expected: copy, cut, paste works as expected when using the context menu
Tested an passed.
Copy and paste options are functional in Windows 10 and Linux. Testing was also done on Mac (though I don’t believe the issue affected Mac)
Tested case involving multiple server tabs.
This task can be closed.
After updating the context menu package to the latest version, has confirmed that copy/paste using the context menu is working on Linux again.
Thanks , if I build a new Linux app based on this PR, you able to give it a quick test to verify either way?
I tried upgrading electron around the time I created the issue. I may not have set it up properly, but upgrading did not fix the issue.