https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-webapp/pull/1679 led to changes to master being merged to v5.3 on T-3.
This was caused by a change of the base branch prior to merge, which led to all the changes being merged to v5.3.
As a result, at least 100 strings with HTML elements such as links do not render correctly for non-English languages. Moreover, some strings are no longer translated. These affect various places in the UI including the tutorial, search, Account Settings and the System Console. Few screenshots posted below.
Moreover, it is unclear what other undesired effects merging the master branch to v5.3 at T-3 had.
The following steps are taken to fix the issue:
1. Revert all commits in https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-webapp/pull/1679
2. Confirm Redux version is correct after revert, and update if necessary
3. Re-submit translations PR https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-webapp/pull/1685
4. Re-submit date picker UI fix https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-webapp/pull/1679/commits/8bd9d67af9c6deef37e6432c48a3e954c1ea9168
1. Merged fixes are missing from PR#1679: Tested and this bug can now be reproduced as expected
2. Translation for pr-mattermost-webapp-1685 are still included as this was re-submitted: Verified a couple strings including those added to SAML 2.0 system console
3. Styling on date picker is still in place as this commit was cherry-picked from PR#1679: Compared search date picker from ci-linux-postgres-upgrade to rctesting . Styling looks identical in desktop clients and various browsers.
4. Verify that Non-English strings are fixed: Tested the tool tip on Search box in Non-English languages to ensure no HTML formatting is viable